Friday 1 May 2009

One Year Bible: An explanation

So, alongside my usual thoughts and ponderings, I'll be putting up some posts in my 'One Year Bible' thread.

I use the One Year Bible to make sure I read some of the bible every day. For those of you that don't know, the One Year Bible is a bible (NLT for me) that is arranged into 365 readings so you can read on every day of the year and do the whole thing. I tried a reading plan but I was really poorly disciplined and I find this a lot easier... so if you've struggled like me I'd really recommend it.

Anyway, every day you read a bit of the Old Testament and a bit of the New, a psalm and a couple of proverbs. These are arranged in order (so you start with Genesis next to Matthew...etc) but I've started to notice that you can often link up the themes or little aspects of the Old Testament and New passages they include... and they didn't even plan this!

It's not a surprise, God's word is totally unified in its purpose, our God is the God of Israel, but I've been really blessed at seeing these little connections. Sometimes it even goes into the psalm and the proverb as well!

So here's what I'll do: whenever I find these little links and connections (and sometimes it's easier than others!) I'll post them up here with all the references you need to study them for yourselves.

They'll be formatted like this example:
'1YB: Genesis 1:1-2:25, Matthew 1:1-2:12, Psalm 1, Proverbs 1:1-6'

Just so you're not confused by these little extras...
Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment